Over the years there has been homeschoolers ask what curriculum I used with my sons when they were in certain grades. I always referred them to this blog, which listed what we did each year. However, in August my blog went blank.. and unfortunately I lost most of my past posts. So here is an update (after much research), of the curriculum we have used up to this point with links. Maybe this time I'll print me a copy.
Noah (age 4, Pre-K): All About Reading Pre-reading, we also worked on shapes/numbers and etc.. along with reading many wonderful books.
Aidan (age 5, K): Aidan was in public school for Kindergarten. We decided to homeschool after he started K and we didn't want to pull him out of school during the year.
- Math - A Beka Number Skills K
- Language Arts - A Beka Letters and Sounds K, Confessions Of A Homeschooler Sight Word Printables, Dolch Sight Words, Noah also wrote in his journal from time to time
- Handwriting - A Reason For Handwriting K & My Handwriting Book
- Unit Study - Nursery Rhymes
- Reading - The Ordinary Parent's Guide To Teaching Reading (THIS WAS A WONDERFUL BOOK TO HELP TEACH NOAH TO READ!!!) Bob Books along with other books as he learned how to read. We used THIS chart when finding books that were right for him.
Aidan (1st Grade):
- Math - A Beka Arithmetic 1
- Language Arts - Horizons Phonics & Reading 1, Reviewing Dolch Sight Words, Journal Writing
- Handwriting - A Reason For Handwriting A
- Unit Study - Flat Stanley Adventures (our Flat Stanley visited 4 people in the USA and a school in Canada. We also had 2 Flat Stanleys come and visit us).
- Reading - He read many books for his reading level. We used THIS chart when finding books that were right for him.
- Before Five In A Row & Five In A Row Volume 1 (FIAR has been one of our favorite curriculum's! There are so many wonderful books included in this collection and as you read them to your child they learn about Math, History, Science, Art and so much more! There are TONS of activities to go along with each. We also included the Bible Supplement with our lessons.)
- Science - My Body (WE LOVED THIS!), Magic School Bus Science Kits (We used the following kits: Lights/Rainbows and Mirrors, Volcanoes, Solid/Liquid and Gas, The Human Body, Bacteria & Fungi, Stars & Planets, Weather Station)
- Art - I Can Do All Things
- History & Geography - Confessions Of A Homeschool, Roadtrip USA
- During the school year the boys were also involved in 4-H, Story Time at our local library and Book-It.
THAT COMPLETES OUR FIRST TWO YEARS OF HOMESCHOOLING. CHECK BACK SOON FOR A LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE USED SINCE THEN.