7.15.2015

I'm Happy For You (Sort Of.. Not Really) - Book Review



Is comparison living hijacking your life?Do you find yourself measuring your value against your friend’s house, body, marriage, resume, paycheck, organic garden, or Pinterest-worthy holiday d├ęcor, and coming up lacking? Do your college roommate’s Instagram snapshots bear little resemblance to the scene at your house this morning?

Excessive comparison and competition sap our energy and steal our joy. Our friends become our audience and judges, and our kids become part of our brand. Add social media’s constant invitation to post and peruse, and it’s no wonder that we’re left exhausted, discontent, and lonely. Thankfully, there is another way!

With  refreshing candor and humor, Kay Wyma shares her experiences with comparison living and offers readers the simple remedies that helped her and her family reboot their perspective and discover freedom, authenticity, and joy. ~ from amazon


My Review::

I am glad I was able to read, I'm Happy For You (Sort Of.. Not Really). I was excited to dig in when I received the book... it talked about being happy in the moment, not comparing yourself to others, be happy with who you are and what you have. And it was an interesting book to read.. however, this will not be a book that I will re-read in the future. I guess my problem was I felt like that author spent too much time worrying about what people around them thought. The author was trying to express how not to do that... how to just be happy.. but I felt like she wasn't truly happy. Don't get my wrong.. this is a book that I enjoyed. It just wasn't one of my favorites. I know a lot of time was spent writing the book.. and for that I hate to give a some what negative review. But it just wasn't a book I could turn flips over. 

The author is clearly a very intelligent person and she had some great things to say. I would and have recommended this book to others. It is a good read.. just not what I was expecting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment